Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The pipe is more important than the content within the pipe.

I just finished reading George Siemens, Connectivism: A Learning Theory for the Digital Age.   There were several ideas in this paper that really crystallized some thoughts I have had running around in my head for a while.  But one of the sentences that I really like is The pipe is more important than the content within the pipe.  As someone that works on a National Learning program on a daily basis, this is so true.  The content in my pipe changes on a daily, even hourly basis sometimes.  

But knowing how to the pipe works and how to get new, custom even, content into the pipe in order to accomplish my goals is what is more important, then the content that comes out of the pipe everyday.... Turning the right taps on at the right time...hope this makes sense..... 


Pipes

No comments:

Post a Comment